- TitleSystem theoretical properties of linear port-Hamiltonian systems on infinite-dimensional spaces / vorgelegt von Julia Theresa Kaiser
- Corporate name
- Description1 Online-Ressource (103 Seiten) : Illustrationen, Diagramme
- Institutional NoteBergische Universität Wuppertal, Dissertation, 2021
- Document typeDissertation (PhD)
- The document is publicly available on the WWW
- Social Media
We consider a class of hyperbolic partial differential equations. This includes models of beams and waves as well as the transport equation and networks of nonhomogeneous transmission lines. We study infinite-dimensional linear port-Hamiltonian systems on a one-dimensional spatial domain with full boundary control and without internal damping and show that well-posed port-Hamiltonian systems are exactly controllable. Furthermore, we study the Riesz basis property of port-Hamiltonian systems. It is shown that the system operator is a discrete Riesz spectral operator if and only if it generates a strongly continuous group. Moreover, in this situation the spectrum consists of eigenvalues only, located in a strip parallel to the imaginary axis and they can decomposed into finitely many sets having each a uniform gap. In the last chapter equivalent conditions for contraction semigroup generation are derived for both infinite networks even of port-Hamiltonian systems of higher order and infinite-dimensional linear port-Hamiltonian systems of order one on the semi-axis.
- The PDF-Document has been downloaded 5 times.